Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bye-Bye Summer, Hello School!!!!!

Our summer was pretty quiet, at least until the last two weeks.

We found this train company called the Roaring Rapids Camp. We originally were going to visit Thomas the Tank Engine, but realized it was a rip-off. So instead, Nick planned this fun train ride to Santa Cruz Beach. Jack loves trains so this was really a great treat for him.
On the morning of we were of course, running late. Nick decides to make up time. But the road is twist through the mountain. Hailey gets car sick easily! I kept checking on her, because I was feeling sick. Finally she yells out, I need a bowl. Of course, I didn't bring one, since the trip was only 30 minutes long. So I dump out our trash bin at my feet. The minute she has the bin, Jack makes barfy sounds. No puke! Thank goodness. Maybe sympathy pains? Hailey was so white, I swore she was going to be sick and no fun for the rest of the day. We got there just in time & had her walk around! No throw-up! Yah!
The train ride took us through a red wood forest. So beautiful! We ended up at the beach. The board walk has lots of nice carnival type rides. So after a nice fishy lunch, we spent hours on the rides. Most, Hailey begged to go on, had a terrified look the entire ride, then exclaim what a terrible and scary ride that was. The worst was the ferris wheel. She was thrill and went skipping off with Nick. And after they were locked in and moved up, the non-stop screaming started. Nick said she was begging him to, "Throw me down to Mommy and she can catch me!" It was so sad! The driver stopped the ride and let them off after going around once! And we didn't even get a refund! Anyway, she said, "I won't go again until I'm like 12 years old!"
We also indulged in cotton candy, chocolate dipped marshmallows, and salt water taffy to name a few of our many indulgences. Nick and my Mom tried deep fried Oreo's, and a deep fried Twinkie. They said the Twinkie was great. And Nick knows his fried foods!
We played in the sand before the train left back to Felton. We never had time to fly the kite we bought. Sad, sad! It was a fun and exciting day! Jack fell asleep on the way home!





Look closely at Jack in my lap. He wore his sunglasses the entire day!


My Mom came at the end of summer, so she could be here for Hailey's first days of Kindergarten. She was really a great support. I wasn't all broken up and weepy on the first day! Instead, Hailey was placed in a Kinder-1st grade combo. I was really uneasy about this for many reason! #1 being, she turned 5 on the day of kinder orientation! Well I sat with my feeling a few days and made the switch 2 days into school! I was really sad about leaving the awesome parents and teacher I'd already bonded to. But I knew Hailey's needs and made a good decision! I love this parent participation program at her school. Parents sign an agreement to put in at least 4 hrs a month into the classroom or school. And this is public! So here's to a great year! An YES we love the uniforms! She looks so cute in them!







No comments: